Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You did WHAT?

You tried to recreate my favorite treat...Seriously?

  Yep, you guessed it. I did the ultimate evil of trying to (sort of) recreate her favorite treat. Not replace, but simply try to make something similar that I can whip up at home. All previous efforts have been..Disastrous. Large bunny cookies that are extremely soft in the middle. Only once did I make something that they wouldn't eat.
  
   Today I started a new can of Pumpkin for her highness (I get the large cans of Libby's canned Pumpkin and give it to her occasionally with some benebac) and I always have left overs that won't fit in the container. I do give her some, but I still have some left, so today I decided to try (once again) to make some bunny cookies for her. Over the years I've been mixing bunny cookie recipes from various websites, and I think I'm finally happy with how they turned out this time.
           
  
 
  So I ground up some of her pellets and mixed pumpkin, and some whole wheat flour (lots of flour!) and this time I rolled it out more like a dough and flipped it onto itself so it was doubled, and used a small circular cookie cutter instead of rolling them into balls like you would with cookies. This time I put a lil too much pumpkin so it was too wet and I used a ton of flour to even it out. Once I used up the "dough" I then stuck'em in the oven(preheated to 350 degrees) and left them in for around 30 minutes, turned off the oven when the timer beeped, and left them in for probably another 10 minutes. The cookies I ended up with are around 1 inch wide and the thickness varies from cookie to cookie. Meanwhile Duchess was happily licking the bowl I had used for mixing the ingredients.
   

  Once they were done, she didn't hesitate to nom the one I gave her. They were a bit hard and the bottoms a bit burned, but I plan on remedying this next time by dusting the bottoms of the "cookies" with flour. The one good thing about them being harder is that she gets to chew on it longer, and she loves chewing on things.

Hmm...Whats this?


Tastes like Pumpkin...

I'll need to try another one before I submit my review...


 
  Lucky for me she likes them, because she's got a nice large jar full of'em. And she still has her bunny bites from the Bunspace Store. Its a win-win.

    Until next post...

                 Duchess's Slave


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!
*hint hint*